How do I book a place on one of the Summer Schools?
- Summer school places are topic specific and will be advertised to students on the relevant programmes
- In January students will be invited to apply for a summer school via the Management School Gateway
- Payment for the summer school is made via the University’s online store which will be open in March to successful students
- There are two application processes – the first is with the Management School, and once successful, students will be required to register online with the host University/Business School
How much do summer schools cost?
- Summer School places are heavily subsidised by the Management School and a small fee is required from students towards the overall cost
- Costs range from £200 to £750
What is included in the price?
- Travel to and from the accommodation – flights, taxi, train fares both in the UK and abroad
- Travel and medical insurance
- Programme fees
- Some meals (dependent upon summer school programme)
- Support with the visa application process
What is NOT included in the price?
- Meals, unless stated in the summer school programme
- Travel during the summer school period, unless provided by the host organisation
- Visa application costs and travel to the visa offices in London or Manchester
- Social programmes
Who is eligible to attend the summer schools?
- Summer Schools are only open to students who have passed their Autumn examinations
- Each Summer School is topic specific and most are aimed at relevant MBA, MSc and BA programmes. Students from these programmes will be able to apply
- Summer School places are not guaranteed as places are limited and dependent upon demand
When, and how long, do the summer schools run?
- Summer schools take place between the months of June and August
- The duration of the summer schools can be between one week and three weeks depending on the summer school programme